LECO Corporation respects your privacy. We are particularly sensitive to privacy issues on the Internet and therefore we provide this Privacy Statement so you know about our online information practices and understand how we treat the information we receive about you from the Internet. Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
This Privacy Statement explains how LECO Corporation and all its affiliates handles personal data it receives from you.
This Privacy Statement applies to all online and offline types of personal data received by LECO Corporation from:
- (potential) suppliers, customers, contractors, clients and other relations of LECO Corporation;
- visitors to the website of LECO Corporation (www.leco.com and www.leco-europe.com name associated with this domain name;
- recipients of information from LECO Corporation;
- all other persons in contact with LECO Corporation, excluding its employees.
2. DEFINITIONS AND PRINCIPLES
LECO Corporation observes the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) when processing personal data.
Personal data as referred to in the GDPR are data that can be directly or indirectly traced back to a natural person. In the GDPR, the natural person is referred to as the “data subject”.
In the GDPR, the handling of personal data is referred to as “processing”. Processing is understood as everything you can do with personal data, such as collecting, recording, organizing, structuring, storing, updating or modifying, retrieving, consulting, using, providing by transmission, distributing, making available, aligning, combining, shielding, deleting and destroying.
When processing personal data, LECO Corporation always observes the following principles:
- the data are processed lawfully, properly and transparently;
- the data are processed only for the purpose for which they were collected (purpose limitation);
- the data are processed as little as possible (data minimization);
- the data are processed correctly (accuracy of data);
- the data will not be kept longer than necessary (storage and retention limitation);
- the data are handled with integrity and confidentiality.
In line with the above principles, LECO Corporation ensures that all of its user settings, programs and services are designed from the very beginning of development to maximize your privacy protection. LECO Corporation continuously takes privacy-enhancing (security) measures wherever possible.
With regard to the provision of information and services, LECO Corporation applies the ‘opt-in’ rule by default: information or services are only provided if you actively indicate this.
3. LAWFULNESS OF PROCESSING
LECO Corporation defines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data. This means that LECO Corporation is the controller within the meaning of the GDPR.
The processing of personal data requires a legal basis. In the following cases, LECO Corporation may process your data:
- if you have given LECO Corporation permission for the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes. Such permission should be free, specific, informed and unambiguous;
- if the processing is necessary for the performance of an agreement to which you are a party, or to take measures at your request prior to the conclusion of an agreement;
- if processing is necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation that rests on LECO Corporation;
- if the processing is necessary to protect your vital interests or those of another natural person;
- if the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in LECO Corporation;
- if the processing is necessary for the protection of a legitimate interest of LECO Corporation or of a third party, unless the interests or rights of the data subject outweigh the legitimate interests of LECO Corporation or the third party.
4. WHY DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
LECO Corporation processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- to inform you about products and services of LECO Corporation;
- to contact you for newsletters, only if you have signed up for them (opt-in);
- to measure the use of the website;
- to manage, secure, adapt and improve the website and related technologies;
- to verify your identity;
- for marketing/commercial purposes;
- for recruitment and selection;
5. WHAT PERSONAL DATA CAN WE PROCESS?
LECO Corporation can process the following personal data, always subject to a legal ground provided by the GDPR:
Personal data that you have provided yourself:
- contact details;
- identity information;
- details as described in a curriculum vitae/details of your employment history;
personal data obtained through means of communication, such as the website, newsletters and emails:
- contact details;
- information about the device with which you visited our website, such as an IP address;
- your surfing behavior on the website, such as:
– which data/web pages you have viewed;
– how you navigate the website;
– whether you to open a newsletter or email and which parts of it you click on;
– the dates and times of your visit to the website;
- the operating system you are using;
- the Internet address of the website to which the link is made;
- the geo-location;
- the data sent to LECO Corporation;
- the data downloaded from the website.
Personal data obtained from other sources:
- data available from public sources such as, but not limited to, LinkedIn;
- data obtained from the Trade Register of the Chamber of Commerce and the Land Register;
- data available on public business websites.
6. COOKIES AND SIMILAR APPLICATIONS
7. ENGAGEMENT OF THIRD PARTIES
LECO Corporation may engage third parties who process personal data on behalf of LECO Corporation as controller. These may be:
- (government) organizations;
- service providers (including occupational health and safety service);
- contractors/suppliers, including but not limited to suppliers of IT services.
LECO Corporation remains responsible for the processing of personal data in the situations set out above. LECO Corporation concludes processing agreements with these organizations. LECO Corporation may also enter into collaborations with third parties who themselves are co-controllers. In such cases, LECO Corporation will conclude an agreement between controllers with these third parties.
LECO Corporation will not give or sell the data to any third party for its use in marketing or solicitation.
8. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
Due to the international character of LECO Corporation, it will most likely be necessary to transfer your personal data to parties established outside the European Economic Area (EEA). In accordance with Articles 44-49 GDPR, LECO Corporation will only transfer your personal data if an appropriate level of protection for your personal data is guaranteed. In addition, LECO Corporation may transfer your personal data if one of the legal exceptions can be invoked (see Article 49 GDPR), such as the situation that the transfer is necessary for the execution of an agreement you have with LECO Corporation. If you have any questions about the transfer of your personal data, please contact LECO Corporation.
9. RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS
If any of your personal data is processed, you have a number of rights, which are set out below. You may exercise these rights by submitting your request in writing to LECO Corporation or by sending an email to email@example.com. LECO Corporation is required to verify your identity before your request can be met.
Unless explicitly stated otherwise below, LECO Corporation will respond to your request as soon as possible, but at the latest within one month. In principle, your requests will be processed electronically (and will therefore be replied to by email), unless this is not possible or you request otherwise.
In principle, LECO Corporation will not charge you for the processing of the aforementioned requests, unless your requests are excessive, manifestly unfounded or if you request additional copies when exercising your right of access.
- Viewing and/or modifying data
You can ask us at any time to indicate which (categories of) data LECO Corporation on you are being processing, for which purposes, from which source the data come and which retention periods are applied. In addition, you can contact us at any time to complete, correct or delete your data. In the unlikely event that LECO Corporation has provided incorrect personal data about you, LECO Corporation will rectify this. If LECO Corporation has changed your personal data, LECO Corporation will notify you accordingly.
- Limit the processing of your data
If you do not agree with the content of the data on you stored by LECO Corporation, you can submit a request to temporarily restrict the processing of your data.
- Right to transfer data
You can retrieve the personal data on you stored by LECO Corporation in a structured, common and machine-readable form. After receiving your personal data, you are free to transfer this information to a third party.
- Right to be forgotten
If you no longer wish to make use of LECO Corporation’s services, you may submit a request for the deletion of all your personal data. You may also withdraw your permission to process your data at any time. Upon receipt of your letter or email, LECO Corporation will immediately cease processing of your personal data for which you have given your permission. However, the withdrawal of your permission does not affect the processing operations that have already taken place.
LECO Corporation takes ongoing and structural measures to optimally protect your personal data against unlawful use. LECO Corporation takes physical, administrative, organizational and technical measures. Measures taken by LECO Corporation include:
- access to the personal data is restricted to authorized persons, whereby this number is kept as low as possible;
- all employees of LECO Corporation (regardless of the form of their employment) have signed a confidentiality agreement whereby they undertake to observe complete confidentiality with regard to all information of a confidential nature or of which they must understand its confidential nature, including personal data;
- the electronic transmission of personal data always takes place in encrypted form and via a secure connection;
- the website is secured via https;
- If personal data is provided to third parties, LECO Corporation concludes processor agreements and/or agreements with co-controllers.
11. RETENTION PERIODS
LECO Corporation does not store personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose of the processing. Some personal data are subject to statutory retention periods. LECO Corporation fully complies with these retention periods.
12. DATA BREACH
If you suspect that there has been a breach of the security of your personal data that may expose your personal data to loss or unlawful processing, a data leak may exist. Please contact us directly on the following telephone number: [@] or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. QUESTIONS/COMMENTS/COMPLAINTS/SUSPECTED DATA LEAK
Our contact details are:
Attn: Privacy Team
3000 Lakeview Avenue
St. Joseph, MI 49085
United States of America
If you do not agree with LECO Corporation’s use of your personal data, you can also submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority. You will find the contact details of the Dutch Data Protection Authority by clicking here: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons.
15. Copyright Notice
This website is provided to you by LECO Corporation. Access to and use of this website and the services available at this website are subject to the following terms and conditions as set forth in this notice. By accessing or using the website or downloading materials from the website, you agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions set forth below without any modification. Please, review them carefully. If you do not agree to the terms, do not use this website.
Copyright and Trademarks
Copyright © 2012 LECO Corporation.
LECO Corporation hereby grants to any person the right to reproduce and distribute copies of this work subject to the following conditions:
The information found on this website is constantly being updated. Users are responsible for checking the site on a regular basis to keep up with these changes. The publication is to be used for informational purposes only and may not be sold or distributed for commercial gain. The above copyright notice must appear on every copy of the publication or any portion thereof. Except as noted above, no right or license is granted under any copyright, patent, or trademark of LECO Corporation to any other party.
Information contained in this publication is furnished free of charge. Because conditions of use are outside our control, LECO Corporation makes no warranties, express or implied, and assumes no liability in connection with any use of this information.
THE INFORMATION IN THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTIBILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. LECO CORPORATION SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR TECHNICAL INACCURACIES IN THIS WEBSITE.
18. USE OF MATOMO (formerly Piwik)
Data is collected and stored on this website using the web analysis service software Matomo (www.matomo.org), a service provided by InnoCraft Ltd, 150 Willis St, 6011 Wellington, New Zealand, on the basis of our legitimate interest in statistical analysis of user behaviour for optimisation and marketing purposes in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f DSGVO. Pseudonymised user profiles can be created and evaluated from this data for this purpose. So-called cookies can be used for this purpose. The data collected with the Matomo software (including your pseudonymised IP address) is processed on our server. However, the information generated by the cookie in the pseudonymous user profile is not used to personally identify the visitor to this website and is not merged with personal data about the bearer of the pseudonym. If you do not agree with the storage and evaluation of this data from your visit, you can object to its subsequent storage and use at any time by mouse click. In this case, a so-called opt-out cookie is stored in your browser, which means that Matomo does not collect any session data. Please note that the complete deletion of your cookies means that the opt-out cookie will also be deleted and may have to be reactivated by you. Here you can decide whether a unique web analysis cookie may be stored in your browser in order to enable the operator of the website to collect and analyse various statistical data. If you wish to opt out, click on the following link to place the Matomo deactivation cookie in your browser. — Frame with checkbox — You also have the option of preventing cookies from being stored on your device as a whole by making the appropriate settings in your browser. However, there is no guarantee that you will be able to access all functions of this website without restrictions if your browser does not allow cookies.
* * *